>> Monday, July 28, 2014
The CFP for the 2014 Release Engineering summit (Western edition) is now open. The deadline for submissions is September 5, 2014 and speakers will be notified by September 19, 2014. The program will be announced in late September. This one day summit on all things release engineering will be held in concert with LISA, in Seattle on November 10, 2014.
|© Howard Ignatius, https://flic.kr/p/6tQ3H Creative Commons by-nc-sa 2.0|
From the CFP
"Suggestions for topics include (but are not limited to):
- Best practices for release engineering
- Practical information on specific aspects of release engineering (e.g., source code management, dependency management, packaging, unit tests, deployment)
- Future challenges and opportunities in release engineering
- Solutions for scalable end-to-end release processes
- Scaling infrastructure and tools for high-volume continuous integration farms
- War and horror stories
- Specific problems and solutions for specific markets (mobile, financial, cloud)
War and horror stories. I like to see that in a CFP. Describing how you overcame problems with infrastructure and tooling to ship software are the best kinds of stories. They make people laugh. Maybe cry as they realize they are currently living in that situation. Good times. Also, I think talks around scaling high volume continuous integration farms will be interesting. Scaling issues are a lot of fun and expose many issues you don't see when you're only running a few builds a day.
If you have any questions surrounding the CFP, I'm happy to help as I'm on the program committee. (my irc nick is kmoir (#releng) as is my email id at mozilla.com)