Mozilla Releng: The ice cream

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A week or so ago, I was commenting in IRC that I was really impressed that our interns had such amazing communication and presentation skills.  One of the interns, John Zeller said something like "The cream rises to the top", to which I replied "Releng: the ice cream of CS".  From there, the conversation went on to discuss what would be the best ice cream flavour to make that would capture the spirit of Mozilla releng.  The consensus at the end was was that Irish Coffee (coffee with whisky) with cookie dough chunks was the favourite.  Because a lot of people like on the team like coffee, whisky makes it better and who doesn't like cookie dough?

I made this recipe over the weekend with some modifications.  I used the coffee recipe from the Perfect Scoop.  After it was done churning in the ice cream maker,  instead of whisky, which I didn't have on hand, I added Kahlua for more coffee flavour.  I don't really like cookie dough in ice cream but cooked chocolate chip cookies cut up with a liberal sprinkling of Kahlua are tasty.

Diced cookies sprinkled with Kahlua

Ice cream ready to put in freezer

Finished product
I have to say, it's quite delicious :-) If I open source ever stops being fun, I'm going to start a dairy empire.  Not really. Now back to bugzilla...

1 comments:

nigelb 10:50 PM  

That looks delicious indeed!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP