>> Monday, February 29, 2016
It was a busy week for release engineering as several team members travelled to the Vancouver office to sprint on the release promotion project. The goal of the release promotion project is to promote continuous integration builds to release channels, allowing us to ship releases much more quickly.
Improve Release Pipeline:
- Chris, Jordan, Callek (remotely), Kim, Mihai and Rail had a sprint on Release Promotion. We made so much progress on this project that we decided to use the new process for Firefox 46.0b1. https://bugzil.la/1118794 So many green jobs!
- A new contributor, Kumar, fixed a longstanding annoyance with how Balrog shows changes to Releases.
- Ben and Nick came up with a new way to model GMP and System Addons in Balrog which will allow for more fine grained permissions and simpler rules.
- Mihai added a functionality in tctalker to walk the graph and cancel all pending/running tasks. He also added release sanity check logic for en-US binaries within promotion.
- Kim added support for virus scanning of release promotion artifacts, a new docker image for this task, a task to move source bundles and checksum artifacts, and sha256 checksums for the docker images we use in release promotion.
Improve CI Pipeline:
- Rok added a button “Purge workers cache” in Taskcluster
- A new contributor, Varun, is helping to improve our l10n repack process.
- Aki added python3 compatibility to taskcluster-client.py https://github.com/taskcluster/taskcluster-client.py/pull/44
- Ben, Mihai, Nick, Rail and Callek Shipped Firefox 45.0b6, Firefox 45.0b7, Firefox 45.0b9, Fennec 45.0b6, Thunderbird 45.0b2
- Alin landed changes to run mochitest-push-e10s tests on Windows 7 https://bugzil.la/1248729. This is another step toward completing the enabling of e10s tests.